- Nine Phase 1 buildings are near completion. Phase 2 is in the detailed design development stage.
- Electricity, drinking water, hydrant water, agricultural-use water and gas infrastructure extended to the southwest corner of the Phase 1 building envelope.
- Five Phase 1 buildings are built. Foundation work began for four more Phase 1 buildings. Phase 2 schematic design is underway.
- Phase 1 construction continues while Phase 2 & 3 designs are progressing.
- Phase 1 grading began in spring.
- Phase 1 building permits were issued in June and construction began in the summer.
- The request for proposal for Phase 1 building construction was sent out to 9 construction companies and we received 5 bids. (The grading contractor has already been selected.)
- The grading permit for Phase 1 was granted.
- Detailed Phase 1 design near completion. Conceptual Phase 2 design underway and uncovered an issue with wetland expansion. Phase 1 and 2 are shifted north to avoid encroaching upon the wetlands.
- Use permit renewal of the City of Ten Thousand Buddhas granted in perpetuity and the use permit for the religious educational training facility (IIPE) was conditionally renewed and modified.
- Master plan review of the existing City of Ten Thousand Buddhas (west campus) and adjacent future IIPE (east campus) took place.
- The Planning Commission and ultimately the Board of Supervisors approved the Use Permit for the Institute.
- DRBA agreed and submitted a new application for IIPE.
- The planning department requested additional information. A revised version of IIPE was submitted to the Planning Dept. Further review of the project took place.
- The Board of Supervisors agreed that a review of the revised project should go forward.
- The Board of Supervisors could not decide and instead continued the appeal hearing. In response to requests, DRBA submitted a revised application for the International Institute of Philosophy & Ethics (IIPE) later in the year.
- The Planning Commission approved the Use Permit and variances but the project opponents appealed the decision to the Board of Supervisors.
- A use permit application for a Buddhist training academy was submitted to the Mendocino County planning department.
- The Dharma Realm Buddhist Association (DRBA), formerly known as the Sino-American Buddhist Association, was founded by the Venerable Master Hsuan Hua.